Healthier Version of the Panna Cotta
Well I started the blog cos I relax by cooking / baking. Since the past few days have been a little stressful, cooking and trying out new recipes is the way I chose to relax. So I ended up making the Strawberry Panna Cotta tonight. Well it’s definitely the less sinful version than the chocolate one I made before and Amit & I both love the strawberries and cream combination…
- 1 cup Vanilla Yogurt. (I used Lucerne light yogurt)
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup powdered Sugar
- 200 grams Strawberries (about 12-15)
- 1 teaspoon Gelatin
- 1/4 cup milk
- Strawberries for garnish
- Blueberries for garnish
- Heat the milk in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. You want to bring the milk to room temperature.
- Sprinkle the gelatin on the milk and set it aside.
- Whip the yogurt to a smooth consistency.
- Add the sugar to the curd and whip it to a smooth consistency.
- Hull and cut the strawberries into quarters.
- Blend the strawberries with the curd and sugar mixture to a smooth consistency.
- Heat the whipping cream over a medium heat till it starts to boil.
- Remove from flame and add the milk and gelatin to it. Stir till the gelatin has dissolved completely.
- Add this to the strawberry and curd mixture and blend.
- Pour this into 6 desserts bowls and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- Before serving garnish with some chopped strawberries and blueberries.
This entire recipe took approximately 30 mins to complete including prep time (+ setting time). This recipe has also been adapted from the ‘Passionateaboutbaking’ blog. The original recipe can be accessed at http://www.passionateaboutbaking.com/2009/03/strawberry-yogurt-pannacotta.html. The changes I made to the recipe was using a normal blender versus an immersion blender and I used vanilla curd instead of hung curd.