A Warm and Scrumptious piece of heaven
Apples have never been my favorite fruit. So I usually just make end up making apple juice. The other day, I wasn’t too keen on drinking apple juice but definitely did not want to let the apples go bad. So when I found the various apple crunch, crumble recipes, I decided to try it, one because it’s pretty easy to make and looked delicious. There are tons of recipes online and I had no idea which one to choose, so I just came up with one as a combination of the many recipes I read. This recipe requires a prep time of about 15-20 minutes and a baking time of around 30 minutes.
- 3 Apples (I used three different kinds)
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon ( I do not like too much of a cinnamon flavor, if you do like a stronger cinnamon flavor, add 1/4 teaspoon more)
- 3 tablespoons butter (cold)
- 4 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Core and dice the apples into small chunks. (I leave the skin on but if you choose to, you could skin the apple)
- Cover the apples with 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Cook the apples on medium heat in a saucepan for about 10 minutes.
- Mix the lemon juice with the apples and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F.
- Mix the all purpose flour, cinnamon, remaining sugar and butter (cut into pieces).
- Mix this together by hand till it resembles coarse crumbles.
- Transfer the apples into a 8 inch by 3 inch rectangular baking dish.
- Add the coarse crumbles over the top of the layer of apples.
- Add the brown sugar on top and bake for about 30 minutes – 40 minutes (till the apples are cooked throughly).
- Serve this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This recipe serves 4 – 5 persons. The warm apple crumble and ice cream make a perfect pair. This apple crumble recipe is one of the easiest desserts that I have ever made. There are a few more apples left over from the previous batch of apples I bought. Thinking of trying out another apple desert recipe with it in the coming week.
Hope you enjoy this recipe.