A perfect Accompaniment to a Spicy dish
This is the garlic chive rice recipe that goes well with the sweet and spicy shrimp. It’s quick and easy to make and will go with any dish curry that has strong and spicy flavors. This recipe serves two and takes about 15 minutes to prepare depending on the kind of rice you use.
- 1 cup Long grained rice
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp chives (chopped fine)
- 2 tsp oil
- pinch of pepper
- salt to taste
- Wash the rice and set it aside.
- Heat the oil in a thick bottomed saucepan.
- Add the garlic and fry till it turns light brown.
- Now add the chives and stir for a minute.
- Add the rice and cover the rice with the garlic and chive.
- Once all the water from the rice has evaporated add the water and cover and cook. (You may need to increase or decrease the amount of water depending on the type of rice.)
- Serve hot with a curry of your liking
I love garlic, it is my all-time favorite flavor. But this rice does not overwhelm you with any strong flavors. It just has a slight flavor which entices your senses. Hope you enjoy this recipe and do not forget to enjoy it with some Sweet and Spicy Coriander Shrimp.