An awesome weekend Breakfast / Brunch
This is a recipe Amit loves so much that he time and again requests for it. But generally I make it for breakfast so I did not find the time to actually get the pictures. Last night I got the request once again, last night. And since I had the time, I managed to click some pictures this time. And therefore managed to post the recipe. I modified the recipe just a teeny-weeny bit from the recipe posted by Meeta at http://www.whatsforlunchhoney.net/2010/12/chocolate-and-pistachio-french-toast.html.
This is a very quick recipe. Takes about 10 minutes of prep time and depending on how long you would like to soak the bread in the eggs, it takes another 3-5 minutes per french toast.
- 4 slices of bread
- 8 tbsp of chocolate spread (4 squares of milk chocolate + Hershey’s chocolate syrup)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp butter
- icing sugar
- Spread the chocolate spread on slice of bread and place another slice on top of it.
- Beat the eggs and milk together with the spices.
- Soak the sandwiched bread slices in the egg mixture.
- Heat a pan and melt the butter in it. Now place the sandwiched bread slices in the pan and cook it for about 2 minutes on each side or till the french toast is cooked.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on the french toast. Serve the french toast plain or with some warm maple syrup.
Hope you enjoy this as much as we do. It’s an easy recipe and is very quick to make too. You can make these and place them in a warm oven till they are ready to be served.