The pleasures of homemade food
During the long periods of being really busy, the one thing other than some free time that I really miss is homemade food. So the other day after a number of days of eating out, I decided that I really need to make something quick, easy yet delicious. Something that would be satisfying and yummy.
Mutter paneer is what I decided to make ultimately. This recipe takes about half hour to 45 mins to make and serves 2-3 persons.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cups onions (chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 4 cups tomato (chopped)
- 1 tsp red chili pwd
- 2 tsp coriander pwd
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp kasuri methi
- salt to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 200 gms paneer (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 tsps fresh coriander paste with lemon juice
- some cream (optional)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Once the oil is hot add the cumin seeds to the hot oil.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till the onions are brown.
- Next add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for a couple of minutes.
- In the meanwhile microwave the frozen peas for a couple of minutes.
- Next add the tomatoes. Make sure that the quantity of tomatoes you add is double that of the onions.
- Once the oil start separating from the onion-tomato mixture, add the dry spices and salt to taste and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Next add the water and bring to a boil.
- Now add the green peas and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Next add the cubes of paneer and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Now add the coriander paste, garam masala and cream (optional).
I served this with some freshly made chappatis. Hope you enjoy this dish as much as Amit and I did. Who else to decide whether it was a blog worthy dish other than Amit. Thanks for reading my blog and hope you like the new version of my blog.