Can’t get any simpler than this!
This is one of those recipes that is just so simple to make. You can make it on one of those lazy weekend afternoons when you are dying of hunger, don’t want to go out to eat but want to eat something quick at home. It was one of the lazy weekend afternoons and the only vegetable or meat I had at home were peppers, red, green and yellow. And it’s not like this has never been made before. But well I have never blogged about it. So here’s the recipe. It serves two and takes about half hour including the prep time.
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium green pepper (chopped into 1/2″ pieces)
- 1 medium red pepper (chopped into 1/2″ pieces)
- 1 medium yellow pepper (chopped into 1/2″ pieces)
- 1/2 cup coarsely roasted ground peanuts
- 1/2 – 1 tsp red chilli pwd
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- pinch garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric pwd
- 1/2 tsp ginger pwd
- coriander leaves for garnish
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil and once it is hot add the mustard ad cumin seeds.
- Once the seeds sputter add the chopped green, red and yellow peppers.
- While the peppers are cooking prepare the masala.
- Grind the peanuts, tamarind paste, red chili pwd, cumin pwd, garam masala, turmeric pwd, ginger pwd and salt together
- Once the peppers start softening which will take about 10 mins, add this masala to the peppers and mix it all together.
- Cover and cook for about 10-15 mins.
- Once the peppers are all cooked add the coriander leaves and serve hot with chappatis or rice or any form of bread.
We really enjoyed this recipe and this is one recipe I will repeat quite often, after all there are lots of lazy weekend afternoons. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did.