How about some Salad!!!
Cooking just for one person is definitely one of the most boring things ever. Firstly I love to cook / bake because I love to feed people so half the fun is lost when I am cooking for myself. The next few recipes that I plan on making are either going to be quick to make or just plain healthy… Atleast that’s what I am thinking right now. So here’s the first one, I made this easy to put together salad with chicken sausage and a very interesting asian style dressing. It would take about 15 mins to put together.
- 3 cups Mixed Greens
- 1/2 cup steamed baby carrots
- 1/2 cup booked broccoli
- 2 chicken sausages (chopped and cooked)
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan. Next add the minced garlic and fry till it is lightly browned.
- Next add the sesame oil to the garlic in the saucepan and stir till it is mixed.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients under dressing using a hand mixer and add the garlic – sesame oil mixture to it.
- Mix the greens and vegetables together.
- Put the sausage pieces over this.
- The dressing can be served on the side and added as needed.
Hope you like this. I loved it mainly because all the ingredients are usually in my refrigerator and it is easy to put together. And maybe I will bake something next, how about some rugelach or maybe some croissants.