Quick and healthy…
I continue with my quick and easy to make recipe series, atleast for now. This is really easy to make, takes almost no active time other than to flip the chicken breasts. The pan roasting and then oven roasting ensures that the outside is nice and crisp and the inside is still juicy and moist and not dried out.
The next few posts are going to be brief as I really have no time but I still need a break from work, research and everything else once in a while. And yeah this blog is my way of taking a break and doing what I love… This recipe serves one and takes about 30 mins to cook. The marination time is anywhere between 30 mins to 2 hrs.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/8 cup olive oil + 3 tsps
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken breast in the ingredients listed above.
- I marinated the chicken for about 1.5 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 475 F.
- Heat the 3 tsps of olive oil in a pan.
- Place the chicken breast in the pan and roast it till it is browned on both sides (about 12-15 mins).
- Now transfer the pan to the oven and continue cooking the chicken breast.
- Flip the chicken in about 5-7 mins and continue cooking till the outsides are crisp and the chicken breasts are cooked through.
I served this with some roasted broccoli, salad and wild rice. And it was delicious and very healthy and as a bonus took almost no time to cook. Hope you enjoy it and do let me know what you think of the recipe if you do try it.