Ready in a few minutes and lip-smacking delicious!!!
As promised, here is another quick and easy to make recipe. I was at Target the other day and I picked up some shrimp for dinner. As I was roaming around the store, I picked up a bottle of relish. It was a pineapple and habanero relish. Oh yes and since I am on a healthy eating spree, I decided to throw in some broccoli. It takes about 20 minutes to prepare and I ate this with white rice. It was delicious, the pineapple and habanero make an awesome combination.
- 1 pound shrimp
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup pineapple habanero relish
- 2 green chilies (slit)
- 4-5 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper pwd
- salt to taste
- Marinate the shrimp in the relish, chili paste, soy sauce, salt and pepper for about 10 mins.
- In the meanwhile boil a pot of water and add some salt. Once the water is boiling add the broccoli to it and let it cook for a couple of mins.
- Remove the broccoli and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and add the garlic and chilies to it.
- Once the garlic browns add the shrimp to the oil and let it cook till the sauce thickens.
- Once the shrimp is cooked remove it and set it aside.
- Add the broccoli to the same pan and saute for a couple of mins.
- Serve with rice.
This was really easy to make and was delicious. A little spicy, so you could avoid the green chilies if you don’t want to take a chance with making it too spicy. And make sure that the sauce thickens to a sticky paste before taking it off the heat. The caramalized pineapple habanero relish was brilliant. Hope you enjoy this easy to make dish and thanks for reading.