Grilling Seafood and Fruits together
This is one delicious combination. I always knew that grilled shrimp is beyond delicious, but grilling peaches with shrimp, takes the shrimp to a whole new level. I was grocery shopping after coming back home to an empty refrigerator after my awesome California vacation and I saw the deveined shrimp shell on and my creative juices decided to help me out. I picked up all the ingredients and came up with this recipe as I walked through the grocery aisles. Not too many ingredients and you will definitely find many of the ingredients at home. So what’s not to love about this recipe. And it’s summer so why not fire up the grill and try out this recipe. This list of ingredients made about 7 skewers of grilled shrimp and peaches.
- 1 lb shell on shrimp
- 2 peaches (sliced into 8-9 pieces each)
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5-6 garlic pods (minced)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp whole black pepper
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp rock salt
- 1 habanero chili
- First make the flavored olive oil by heating the oil and adding the minced garlic, crushed red pepper and whole black pepper.
- Heat the oil till the garlic is slightly browned, now strain the oil out and add the garlic, and peppers to a food processor.
- Next add the cilantro leaves, honey, 3 tbsps of olive oil, lemon juice, rock salt and deseeded habanero chilli.
- Mince the ingredients together and add some more olive oil if the mixture is too dry.
- Marinate the peaches and the shrimp in half the marinade for about half hour.
- Skewer the deveined but shell on shrimp onto metal skewers with the peaches and grill the shrimp and peaches either on a grill or on the broil setting in the oven.
- Turn the skewers over after about 5-7 mins. Baste each side of the skewer with the leftover marinade.
- The grilled shrimp and peaches are ready to be devoured.
Though I say so myself, this was one of the most awesome shrimp dishes I have ever had. Grilling it with the shell on ensured that the shrimp did not dry out and make sure that the peaches are skewered through the skin. This ensures that the peaches do not disintegrate. You could make it spicier by adding more habanero chilli. This was one of the easiest dishes to make and I now wish I had a grill. So if you have a grill fire it up and try this recipe. I promise you will not regret it.
And once again thanks for reading my blog.
Photo courtesy my aunt, Geetha, after she tried the recipe….