Lip Smacking, Chocolatey, Fudge Brownies
I doubt there are many chocolate non-lovers out there and even if there are, I doubt there are many who can resist a delicious and perfectly textured brownie. I love brownies and if there is another person who is blindly in love with them, it has to be Amit. So attempting to bake brownies is a tall order to reach, cos I know Amit is going to be judging it against the best he has had. So somehow I never actually tried to bake these before. But this week since he flew all the way from Memphis to be with me in Tempe for a week, I decided that I will attempt baking brownies at home. Thankfully the attempt was a complete success and it takes about 15 mins to prepare the dough and about 25-30 mins to bake the brownies.
I followed the recipe from the King Arthur Flour website. The recipe has got hundreds of excellent reviews. The original recipe can be found at the link http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/fudge-brownies-recipe.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 + 1/8 cup cocoa (I used Ghirardelli cocoa)
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup + 1/8 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Beat the eggs, baking powder, salt, espresso powder, cocoa and vanilla essence till smooth.
- Next melt the butter in a microwaveable bowl. Now add the sugar to the bowl and continue to heat the butter sugar mixture till most of the sugar has melted.
- Now add this mixture to the cocoa mixture and beat till it forms a smooth mixture.
- Now add the flour to the mixture and mix till it forms a smooth batter. Add the chocolate chips and mix it together till the chips are evenly distributed.
- Now spoon the batter into a lightly greased 8″ x 8″ square pan.
- Bake the brownies in the oven for 25-30 mins or till a cake tester comes out clean in the center of the pan.
After a very long time, Amit is home to actually try the dish and tell me if it is bloggable or not… And this brownie gets his approval!!! Hope you enjoy this as much as we did. It is a brilliant browny, just cakey enough, just chewy and just crumbly enough. It has the perfect shiny top which is due to the third step of heating the butter and sugar mixture. Do let me know if you try this recipe and thank you for reading my blog…