How about some Spicy, Tangy & Sweet Shrimp!!!
Been a while since I blogged and I think I should restart my blogging efforts. I have a couple of awesome recipes that I seem to have kind of forgotten since I was lazy and did not blog about it. So hopefully this post will revive my blogging efforts. In fact I have decided that I am going to allocate some time every week for my blog. The entire recipe from start to finish took about an hour and I made about two batches for the dinner and refrigerated the rest of the shrimp to make some shrimp biryani for the next day. Recipe to follow.
For the Masala:
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp cloves
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
For the marinade
- 2 lbs deveined, tail-off shrimp
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp masalapowder
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1.5 tsp tamarind concentrate
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
- salt to taste
- Dry roast the whole spices listed under ‘For the masala till the spices aromas are released.
- Once cool, grind the whole spices with the red chili powder and turmeric. I use this spice mix when I need a homemade garam masala for a dry chicken, paneer of shrimp dish.
- Fry the onions in some oil till the onion is lightly browned.
- Clean and dry the shrimp completely and make sure that it is completely dry before adding the marinade ingredients including the fried onions.
- Marinate this for about half hour. Next heat a non stick pan with some oil and add the marinated shrimp in a single layer. Flip the shrimp over once it is browned on one side. It takes about 5-7 mins to brown on a single side.
- I served the shrimp with some quinoa and brown rice blend.
Hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we did. I just had to blog about it lest I forget the recipe. Thanks for reading my blog.
[contact-form subject='[Cook%26#x002c; Eat %26amp; Relax’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]