Vegetable Garden to Dinner Table…
This year we started our very own backyard vegetable garden. It’s been almost two months now and our garden has been giving and giving. From a ton of herbs to fresh greens. Tonight I decided to make dinner with herbs and salad greens from our garden and added some pears and walnuts to fancy it up. Here’s to a wonderful summer and many more such fresh salads made from scratch!
- Salad Greens
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pear sliced into thin slices (about 12-15 slices)
- 1 tbsp butter
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 sprig mint
- 3-4 green onions
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 Poblano pepper
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- First prepare the salad dressing. Add all the ingredients under the salad dressing ingredients list into a food processor and make sure that all the ingredients are combined together. Refrigerate the dressing for upto a week.
- Mix the walnuts with the sugar, pepper, olive oil and salt. Roast it in a pan till the walnuts are slightly roasted and the sugar has melted.
- Next heat the butter in a non-stick pan. Once the butter is browned add the sliced pears. Caramalize the pears by turning them over once they have slightly browned.
- Now assemble the salad. Add the salad greens to a plate. Next add the salad dressing.
- Place the caramalized pear on the salad greens and top it with the candied walnuts.
Thank you for reading my post and hopefully this is me restarting my blogging once again!